Use Case Registration (Account Owners & Admins)
After completing your Brand Registration, you must fill out your Use Case Registration form. You need to register a use case so that cell phone carriers know what kind of messages you are planning to send. You can choose one Use Case to register, so make sure to select one that best aligns with your texting needs. Please note that carriers view "Political" and "Charity" use cases favorably compared to all other use cases. If you need an additional use case, please reach out to Support at email@example.com with details about which additional Use Case you need and why.
Special Use Cases (Preferred)
- Political - If your organization is a 501(c)3/4/5/6 or 527, you should use the Political use case. The Political use case, when fully approved, receives preferential message per second treatment by the wireless carriers over all other use cases. All 527 political organizations will need to be verified with Campaign Verify and obtain a token to register the Political use case.
- Attach your CV token to your account before applying for the Political use case.
- Charity - Communications from a registered charity aimed at providing help and raising money for those in need. This use case is available to 501(c)3 organizations only. The Charity use case receives preferential treatment from the wireless carriers over most standard use cases.
Standard Use Cases
- Higher Education - If you are texting on behalf of a College or University, select this option.
- Customer Care - Select this option if you are texting as part of your organization's customer care interactions. This includes but is not limited to customer care and support. Unions texting union members can use this use case.
- Polling and Voting - This use case is meant for sending surveys for non-political polling/voting campaigns. This is not intended for
- Public Service Announcement - Informational messaging to raise an audience's awareness about important issues. If you're messaging, for example, on environmental issues or COVID relief, you may want to utilize this use case.
- Emergency Response and K-12 Education - (Depreciated) - Only available to campaigns approved before 5/24/22.
Use Case Sample Messages
The telecom companies require us to submit two custom sample messages per use case. Once you've selected your Use Case, two boxes will populate, prompting you to give examples of the initial messages you'll send to your targets. These fields are required complete your Use Case Registration.
Help Message Reply
This field is intended to show carriers a sample message identifying your organization to a contact. Carriers want to know what message you would send to contacts if they requested help identifying your organization.
For this Use Case, carriers need a valid URL where an opt-in call to action can be found. During manual vetting, the carriers are looking for a disclosure acknowledging that if a contact inputs their information, they know they will be texted. The URL should take the carriers directly to an opt-in page that identifies your organization. Carriers wi verify that an opt-in page exists and shows the presence of proper disclosures. Not sure what to enter? Click here for more information.
Use Cases by Organization Type
The following table provides suggestions on which Use Case you should consider registering based on your organization type. Not every organization will need to register every use case suggested below. You only need to register the use cases that apply to your texting campaigns based on the descriptions provided. These suggestions may change as TCR releases new use cases.
|Organization Type||Suggested Use Cases|
|Colleges and Universities|
*If the facility is a 501c3, see box above on available Use Cases.
*501c4 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR if they apply for that use case.
*501c5 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR if they apply for that use case.
*501c6 organizations are not eligible for the 'Charity' use case and will receive a rejection from TCR.