10DLC website requirements
As carriers evolve their 10DLC requirements, we are committed to helping keep your organization compliant. For new registrations, we have added fields to the Brand Registration page. An admin will need to input your website information for already registered clients.
Why does my organization need a URL?
As malicious actors continue using the texting medium to send spam, carriers have instituted a manual verification level above The Campaign Registry. In an effort to reduce spam, carriers are ensuring that organizations have a place where a contact can opt into text messages knowingly. However, this does not mean that opt-in is required to send texts. Click here for more information.
If your organization has already filled out the Brand Registration, your Account Owners will be prompted to input your organization's URL. Please link to your main site homepage or social media presence if you don't have a website. GetThru has created a prompt on the 10DLC Brand & Use Case Registration page for easy updating.
Use Case Registration - Contact Source URL
For a Use Case to pass manual vetting, carriers need a valid URL (specific to the organization) that has a phone number input field. The URL should take the person verifying the application directly to the phone number collection page. Carriers will verify that the phone number input field exists and shows the presence of proper disclosures.
- They're looking for this language:
- By providing your phone number, you agree to receive text messages from this organization. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
- Yes, I'd like to receive recurring text message updates from this organization. Msg and data rates may apply. Text STOP to quit.
- By providing your mobile phone number, you agree to receive text messages from this organization.
- If your site doesn't include that already, adding it would greatly help your organization during manual vetting. If a use case fails manual vetting, the site will need to be updated, and it will need to start the manual vetting process again.
- If your organization collects phone numbers from a contact page, donation page, EveryAction, or a Mobilize website that identifies your organization, please include that.
- If your organization is linking to a google form from its homepage, please include the URL of your organization's page that has the google page attached.
- If your organization does not have a website, the URL to a social media post with a google form collecting sign-ups can be considered.
We've created an ideal example of a website:
Please write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or difficulty adding your website!