Texting contacts during the ThruTalk call
During script creation, admins can add Instant Follow Up question types. Instant Follow Up enables callers to text the contact while still on the call. Texting your contacts is a great way to collect valid cell phone numbers and send additional information/links that a contact can use to engage with your organization or cause.
Instant Follow Up texts are sent through a toll-free number, which is different from the calling number on your campaign. (Replies sent to the toll-free number are not retrievable.)
Using Instant Follow Up
Instant Follow Ups are added to scripts like any question type but using at least one branch in a branching script. When building a script, admins should:
- Build their script to the point where the Instant Follow Up will be inserted.
- Add a multiple-choice question first asking if the contact would like to receive a text message with more information.
- Add an Instant Follow Up by selecting it from the "Select a question type" dropdown menu.
- Write out the content of your text message. For best results, be engaging and brief! (Callers cannot edit and are not shown Instant Follow Up text.) Please note that custom variables are not available in Instant Follow Up texts at this time.
- Add an additional question type to create a branch in the script for declined text messages.
- Return to the multiple choice question and branch the script to (and away from) the Instant Follow Up appropriately.
- Continue building the script!
Instant Follow Ups are a great way to send links to contacts! The best links are branded, US based, and unique to an organization.
How callers interact with Instant Follow Up in scripts
Callers have the critical task of collecting and confirming valid, textable numbers when sending Instant Follow Up messages. For details on best practices, check out our training guide for callers.
Exporting Instant Follow Up data
When a caller has sent an Instant Follow Up message, the texted number is available in Account Campaign Dials exports. Only the final number will be visible on the export if the caller has attempted to enter multiple numbers into the Instant Follow Up box.