10DLC registration for multi-entity accounts
Some of our clients send texts from one ThruText account on behalf of multiple legal entities. For example, some nonprofits have used a single ThruText account to send texts from their 501c3 entity as well as their 501c4 entity. Similarly, some political consultants have used one ThruText account to send texts for multiple different political campaigns.
For any client currently sending texts for multiple legal entities through one ThruText account, we strongly recommend that you segment your traffic such that all texting on a ThruText account is associated with only one “brand identity.”
Why Do I Have to Separate My Texting Into Different Accounts?
- Increased risk of filtration -- Texts coming from multiple legal entities using one brand identity violates 10DLC regulations and thus increases the risk of additional filtering and/or fines.
- Potential for texting from one entity to impact another entity -- If one ThruText account is shared among multiple entities and texting for one of the entities is flagged under 10DLC rules for any reason, it could impact the deliverability of texts for the other entities.
- Throughput concerns -- Segmenting your traffic with one ThruText account for each entity will also help you stay within any potential daily messaging limits that carriers impose (so far only T-mobile has indicated they would institute a limit). These limits would be per day per brand, allowing you to text up to that limit on each individual ThruText account.
How Do I Separate My Texting Into Different Accounts for 10DLC?
- Start by checking out our guide Client: How to Submit a Request for a Sub Account for information on the process.
- Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request to open a new account.
- Once you have your new account, complete Brand Registration.
- If applicable, input your Campaign Verify Token (required of 527 organizations).
After completing your brand registration, all texting on your account will be associated with that brand identity and the information you entered when registering, including your Employer Identification Number.