Multi-Factor Authentication, or MFA, adds an extra level of security to your account by asking your admins and moderators to enter a one-time 6 digit code on each new login to ThruText (generated via the third party authenticator app of your choice).
MFA User Types
MFA only applies to admin-side users, which include the following:
How to Enable & Set Up MFA
1. Notify admins & moderators in advance: Let your admins and moderators know that you plan to enable MFA on ThruText and instruct them to download a 3rd party authenticator app. We recommend Authy, 1Password or LastPass. Note: Once MFA is enabled, your admins & moderators will not be able to access your organization until they have set up MFA.
2. Contact our support team: To enable MFA on your account, please submit a ticket or email email@example.com and include your organization name in the ask. We'll let you know once it's complete!
3. Scan QR code: Using your 3rd party app, scan the QR code and enter the 6 digit authentication number. Hit the 'verify code' button to complete the set up.
4. Enter code on each new login: If you log out and log back in to an MFA enabled ThruText account, you'll be prompted to enter a new 6 digit code. Just open your authenticator app, enter the code and press the 'Login' button.
5. Troubleshooting: If an admin or moderator removes ThruText from their 3rd party authenticator app, or their code isn't working and they need to re-enable, they can hit the 'Show QR Code' text link, which will allow them to reset and continue to login.