Account-level exports allow you to pull data for your entire account. You can access these exports under the Account Tools pulldown menu. All timestamps within exports are based in UTC time zone.
There are six types of account exports: campaigns, messages, opt-outs, surveys, users, and tags. To select which type of export you want, toggle the pulldown menu at the top right of the account-level exports page.
Types of Account-Level Exports
Message exports produce a CSV of every outgoing and incoming message sent in your account during the specified date range. Message exports are based on message timestamps. So a message export from 10-24 to 10-26 would pull any message timestamped during that time period (all timestamps are in UTC).
Survey exports produce a CSV of every campaign target, all the fields associated with them, and the survey response data collected by texters. The date range for survey exports is tied to the campaign start date. A survey export from 10-24 to 10-26 will pull data for campaigns started during those times.
If a campaign was started before your selected date range but had data updated during your selected date range (e.g., a new survey response was recorded), that data will not show up in your export. To get that data, you would need to export a range that includes the campaign start date.
If you are trying to pull all recent updates to survey responses, you will need to pull exports that start with the earliest launch date of any active campaigns.
Campaign exports produce a CSV with an overview of every campaign across your account. Campaigns included in an export are based on if the campaign's "start date" falls within the date range selected. Admins can pull one week of campaigns at a time.
By selecting "Campaigns" in the export type drop-down, you will be able to see campaign details, including start/end dates, campaign tags, conversation counts, and more! All campaigns with a "start date" within the date range designated will be included in the report.
This account-level export will produce a CSV of every opt-out across your organization. It includes conversation_id for trace-ability to your message and survey exports, opt-out notes, and contact names and phone numbers. Custom fields are included.
This account-level export will produce a CSV of every user across your organization. The resulting file will include all users added to your account with:
- First Name,
- Last Name,
- Created_At (the date they were added to your account)
- Last_Updated (the date of the last role change)
This account-level export will produce a CSV of all campaigns within a selected month, the number of outgoing messages per campaign, and the tags your organization may have applied to these campaigns. The resulting file will include all campaigns within the selected month with:
- Campaign ID,
- Campaign Name,
- Total Conversations,
- Outgoing Message Counts,
Important Export Notes
- File Sizes -- Depending on the size of your organization, export files can be quite large. Please be patient as they download and don't start new versions of an export while the original one is downloading. If you are concerned that an export has failed, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Week at a Time -- You will need to separate your exports into 1-week chunks. So if you want all your messages in October, you would do separate exports from 10/1 to 10/7, 10/8-10/14, etc. This will make your exports go faster, lighten the load on our servers, and produce smaller CSVs (Excel can't handle CSVs with more than 1 million rows).
- Time Zone -- Exports are based in UTC, which is 4-5 hours ahead of ET and 7-8 hours ahead of PT depending on Daylight Savings Time. Here's what time it is in UTC right now!
- Time of Day -- When generating exports, be sure to set the time for the exports to account for the day in its entirety so as to capture all of the data desired.