How to manage your Opt Outs
Managing your account's opt-outs is critical for successful text campaigns. Administrators can query or create opt-outs using the Opt Out page located in the ThruText Tools drop-down.
It's important to note that opt outs for ThruText are managed separately from the Do Not Call List in ThruTalk. Contacts added to the Do Not Call list are not added to the Opt Out list, and vice versa. Please click here to learn more about Do Not Call lists.
Creating Opt Outs using the Admin Opt Out Panel
- Ensure the country is set appropriately for the phone number(s) you wish to opt out or use fully formatted numbers with country codes.
- Enter the phone number(s) into the Manually Create Opt Outs box, separated by commas if opting out multiple phone numbers.
- Click "Submit"
- Query for successful opt-out below, if desired.
Upload an Opt Out list
- In the file you are uploading, ensure the country is set appropriately for the phone number(s) you wish to opt-out or use fully formatted numbers with country codes.
- Check that your CSV file has a column header labeled "phone" (no caps).
- Click "Choose File" to find your CSV, then click "Submit".
NOTE - Depending on the size of your list, it may take some time to complete processing. Please allow an hour for bulk uploads up to 1,000 before contacting GetThru Support. For very large lists, longer.
It is critical to validate your lists prior to upload. Once you upload a list of contacts, if you want to opt-in multiple contacts, you will need to opt-in each contact individually!
Searching the account's Opt Out list
- Enter a fully formatted number with its country code and click "Submit"
- Review the opt out note as needed. These are created based on the function that was used to opt out this phone number.
- You can delete erroneous opt outs by clicking "Delete Opt Out" if necessary. This will "opt-in" any existing conversations for that phone number in active campaigns.
NOTE - For opt-out exports, visit your account's export page.