We have two ways to move your data back into your database, depending on your database and your priorities (mainly staff time vs. cost).
There are two ways to receive reporting:
Basic CSV Lists
The most simple syncing strategy. We send you CSV files each night with results. You send us new lists on demand when you want them run.
This is the most simple Reporting Option to set up. It does require more of your staff time to load the lists into your organizing tool.
Full Data Sync
We upload all your results to your database through the backend of your software each night. You only need to send over new lists when needed.
This option requires the least staff time, although it is dependent on your database:
- VAN Full Data Sync is where we upload all your results to your database through the backend of your software each night. VAN is the application that powers EveryAction, VoteBuilder, SmartVAN. You will also select the database type matching the list you uploaded:
- MyVoters - Voter File
- MyCampaign / MyMembers
- What is "My Voter File?" What is "My Campaign?" What is "My Members?" And what's the difference?
- My Voter File contains registered voters in a given state, whereas My Campaign contains volunteers, supporters, and anyone else who you may wish to associate with your database. As a result, person records in My Voter File may only be created when VAN receives new data provided by a Secretary of State or similar government agency. By contrast, you may create My Campaign records at any time. My Members is just another name for My Campaign that is sometimes used to describe membership databases.
- PDI does not allow any outside syncing so this is unavailable as an option
- Other systems can be set up on a case by case basis. Write us at email@example.com to check in on the timeline for other systems.
Update your current option on your admin panel: Reporting Settings
For VAN Sync Options you will need to send a request to VAN for an API Key if we do not already have yours on file.